[asterisk-users] anyone from Joplin, MO

andres andres at paglayan.com
Wed May 14 19:22:56 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 14:39 -0500, Bryson Medlock wrote:
> I'm trying to convince my employer to deploy an Asterisk based system,
> but one member of the leadership team is against it.  The rest of the
> team is for it, but he's convinced them that we should find other
> organisations in the Joplin, MO area who are using Asterisk first
> because, "we don't want to be the first in our area."

Denotes the IQ of the person owning the quote is quite low,
and that the organization you work for is far away from any sanity
regarding total quality management,

Although I must recon that in convincing the organization I worked for
(two years ago) on moving to Asterisk for $5,000 implementation cost,
instead of $70,000 for (sub-) equivalent Cisco solution I had to accept
sub-contracting support for Asterisk, just in case I quit, which
happened, but ditched the contracted support as well, ;-p