[asterisk-users] Question about SS7

Mik Cheez michael_bulk at wildgate.com
Wed May 14 15:51:12 CDT 2008

How VOIP relates to SS7 is fairly simple; you aren't going to connect to
an SS7 network with VOIP unless you have some kind of bridge between the
two.

As for what SS7 is able to send in terms of data, there is a huge list.
  This includes data sent before a channel is aquired, data sent during,
as well as after a call is placed.

In all, what others have said is true; you only need to worry about SS7
if you're required to.