[asterisk-users] voicemail not sending emails

Roberto Milani roberto.milani at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 14 15:46:18 CDT 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 1:18 PM, david wrote:

> david wrote:

>>> something like

>>> Hi Brett
>>> msmtp is a stand-in for sendmail (using another SMTP server) so it
>>> has
>>> a -t option
>>> the real problem is that it never get called.
>>> even if I use the test mode:
>>> mailcmd=cat \> /tmp/astvm-mail
>>> to send the output to a file.
>>> Ciao
>>> Roberto

>> Are you relaying the mail through your isp?
>> Are you using a system wide /etc/msmtprc
>> or for user asterisk
>> ~.msmtprc
>>

> Some more info may help;
> ibm bin # cd /usr/sbin
> ibm sbin # ls -l sendmail
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Apr 21 08:26 sendmail -> /usr/bin/msmtp
>
> I have nothing in /etc/voicemail.conf like;
>
> mailcmd=/opt/local/bin/msmtp -t ; --from blah
> I just use /etc/msmtprc, this is for bellsouth;
>
> account default
> host mail.bellsouth.net
> auto_from on
> maildomain bellsouth.net
> syslog LOG_MAIL

I have:
cd /usr/sbin/
ls -l sendmail
rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  20 May 14 07:28 sendmail -> /opt/local/bin/
msmtp

~/.msmtprc

defaults
logfile ~/msmtpLog
tls on
tls_certcheck off

tls_starttls off

account sbcglobal
host smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
from myFrom
auth login
user myUserName
password myPassword
port 465

account default : sbcglobal

and this configuration works I tested it with the command line:

echo "hello." | msmtp --debug --account=sbcglobal --from=myFrom
myaddress