[asterisk-users] Understanding Asterisk

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed May 14 11:44:10 CDT 2008

I see.
So how does Asterisk assign "Lines" to the various channels?
I intend to have a few Aastra 480i's and these phones I believe
have 4 line buttons on them, does the functionality of Asterisk
in this scenario allow someone to see "Line 1" is in use and either
pickup the phone and attach to a free line or simply push "Line 2"
and attach to that next available line?

Thanks so much guys!
Jlc