[asterisk-users] No-mobo PC for USB Drives Enclosure?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Tue May 13 23:30:34 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 14:06 +1000, Col Ferguson wrote:
> If I understand right, your problem is that the power supply won't turn on ?
> ATX power supplies can be told to turn on by jumpering 2 pins on the
> motherboard power connector. From memory its the Green wire and one of the
> black wires, I usually use the next one inwards. Pinouts for the connector
> can be found via Google.
> If the power supply also has an external on/off switch you can jumper these
> pins and use the switch to turn the power on or off.
>
> Hope this helps,

	Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Is there any
safety risk from jumpering that sensor? Like some kind of extra sensor,
like voltage feedback, temperature or somesuch.

	If this works, it might point to a good way to reduce redundant
Asterisk servers, which suck power, by just plugging the drive from each
old server into the USB of a single server with a merged dialplan and a
few other tweaks to point at several different mounted drives, rather
than one per host/IP#.

--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein