[asterisk-users] Installation Question

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue May 13 22:39:21 CDT 2008

You don't "need" it except for a few applications such as meetme and IAX2..

I have come to always put some sort of timing hardware in a system
because ztdummy can be flaky under high use.  A TDM400P with and FXS
module is usually what I suggest for fax, emergency phone, or whatever
else.  It works great.

The timing thing is a common misconception and understandably so
because of the same naming.  There are two different types of timing.
One is RTP (I think) and the other is the PSTN T1 timing you refer to.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro