[asterisk-users] queue problem

benoit plessis benoit at plessis.info
Tue May 13 17:45:13 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 01:27:38AM +0800, Rilawich Ango wrote:
> I have a queue with the following setting.
> total queue member =30, autofill=1, timeout=25, monitor_format=wav49
> asterisk 1.4.18
> In busy hour, the loading of CPU reaches over 300%.  At that moment,
> all members are occupied and many calls are waiting in the queue.
> There will be choppy and line cut at such high CPU loading.

Hi,
I was having huge problems with AsteriskNow 1.0.1 which is packaged
with asterisk 1.4.18(.1? not sure). Most of them came with the
deploiment of our support center call queue. With only 2/3 agents and
max 6/10 simultaneous calls the system goes wazaa and eat the 4 cores
of the xeon 1.6 cpu, users gets stucks in 'in use' state (while normaly
this flags doesn't work) and everything goes from bad to worse.

I've rebuild it using etch/amd64 and manual build of asterisk 1.4.20rc2
(1.4.19.2 wasn't out and i have some IAX calls) and now everything is
fine.

> My questions:
> 1. What is the max capacity of a server to handle a queue in term of
> queue member and calls?
Do you use IAX2 ? there is major improvement in this with 1.4.19.2 /
1.4.20.

--
Benoit