[asterisk-users] Call retard from a softphone to a hardphone

Carlos Alberto Bernat Orozco cabo81 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:44:43 CDT 2008

Hi group

I'm newbie on Asterisk so I followed the Linux Networking CookBook by Carla
Schroder to make my first call. My asterisk box is on a Debian box with an
public static IP. The clients (2) are with dynamic private IP's

I'm using SJphone on a PC and a Linksys PAP2-NA to make calls between them.
Both of them register well on my Asterisk server but when I call from the
SJPhone to the PAP2 the voice comes with retard, and progressively the voice
is bad.

This is my sip.conf

[general]
context=default
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

;SARAHC is the PAP2
[sarahc]
;Sarah Connor
type=friend
username=sarahc
secret=5656
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
outgoinglimit=1
context=local-users

;DUTCHS is the SJPhone
[dutchs]
;Dutch Schaeffer
type=friend
username=dutchs
secret=6767
host=dynamic
context=local-users

Sorry if I'm not giving enough information because I'm new to this wonderful
tool but any idea or guide would be very good.

Thanks in advanced

Carlos Bernat