[asterisk-users] Is there a way to have Manager Bridge Channel without being connected

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Tue May 13 03:22:08 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Sanjay Rajdev
<sanjay.rajdev at featherstoneinformatics.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is there a way to have Manager Bridge Channel to the specified extension
> without the channel being connected.
>
> In the current scenario the channel only bridges once the call get
> connected, it does not bridge when any service provider (telco) message is
> played. I want to record all call originated by manager even if a telco
> message is played.

I think the only way you'll be able to do that is by capturing the RTP
packets with a wireshark or tcpdump. The message from your telco
sounds like it's early media (in the SIP World it's called Call
Progress media) and as you point out it's generated without answering
the call. Most of the time the early media is going to be a ring tone
and hence very uninsteresting to record so I suspect no one has
bothered to write an application for it.

Regards,

Greyman.