[asterisk-users] Escape characters or replace function

Daniel Grad dg at online-business.ro
Mon May 12 01:36:04 CDT 2008

Hello,

I need to use the ${DATETIME} macro inside the filename saved by Record,
but the colons (':') used in the time interfere with the command
(everything after the colon is interpreted as the format I wish to save to):

My command is:
Record(/path/to/voicemail/${EXTEN}-${DATETIME}-${UNIQUEID}:wav)

I need some function to escape the colons inside DATETIME... I'm sure
it's something really basic, but I couldn't find it

Daniel