[asterisk-users] AGI asterisk high balance

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun May 11 14:03:21 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 4:34 AM, Grey Man <greymanvoip at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you've got anything but trivial AGI loads you should switch to
> FastAGI and put your business logic on a separate server to your
> Asterisk server. I use a deployment where a call could make up to 3
> AGI requests per call before being put through (for things such as
> looking up accountcode, checking account credit, setting PSTN
> callerid). We monitor the time thw whole process takes and on average
> it's less than 100ms on an Asteisk server that peaks at 200
> simultaneous calls (400 bridged) and 3 to 5 call set ups per second.
> The business logic processing the FastAGI   calls is C# and .net which
> means Java would be able to handle it easily as well. The most likely
> bottleneck under high load will be your database.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greyman.

I am not sure if this has been fixed since the old days, but FastAGI
would simply fail and stop if it could not connect to the remote
server.

A patch had to be applied and priority jumping had to be enabled.
With that, you could have two kinds of failover.  Your priority
jumping line could point to a different server running the same AGI or
it could just continue your dialplan at the priority jump point.

Again, this was Asterisk 1.2.something, never tested on 1.4.x, and to
me was considered a bug.  The patch fixed it but I am not sure if it
ever got merged and don't really care to do the research on a Sunday
:-)  Gotta get cleaned up to see Mom.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro