[asterisk-users] Calls on E1 TDMoE span are dropped at random

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Fri May 9 16:32:27 CDT 2008

Hi!

We are using a red-fone bridge (connected to an E1 line from the Telekom
Austria) to provide TDMoE connectivity to our asterisk server (ubuntu
7.10, asterisk 1.4.10 from ubuntu, libpri 1.4.0-2, zaptel 1.4.9.2 from
http://support.red-fone.com/downloads/zaptel/). We can establish
outgoing calls and receive incoming calls from the POTS.
	Sometimes however (no aparent triggers) all established calls suddenly
drop, the span goes into YELLOW alarm and is restarted. Right after the
restart we can use the lines as if nothing ever happened. Just sound
quality seems to be decreased. The server is a real machine Intel Core
2 with a dedicated 3Com NIC for the red-fone bridge.
	We have been in touch with red-fone support for hours. They suggested a
loopback cable test (which suceeded, we had a few calls up for about 15
hours) and then concluded that either the E1 line must have a problem
or it has to be something with asterisk. Today we had a telco
technician on-site who told us that the line works as expected and the
configuration settings of the redfone bridge (framing, encoding,
timing, etc.) are correct.
	I'm attaching the logfile with span debug information, as well as the
relevant snippets from our configuration files. Maybe someone could
help us with a few suggestions, as we are a bit lost at this point.

Cheers,
	Florian

=== zaptel.conf ===
dynamic=ethmf,eth4/00:50:C2:65:D2:1A/0,31,2
dynamic=ethmf,eth4/00:50:C2:65:D2:1A/1,31,1
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47