[asterisk-users] Best Linux distribution to use in Asterisk server

Andreas van dem Helge joakimsen at gmail.com
Fri May 9 13:33:08 CDT 2008

I think it's all personal preference.... I'd never recommend anyone
use ubuntu for anything, honestly.

SLES is my #1 pick with CentOS / PNAELV being a close second...
problem with Cent is there's not central administration like there is
in SuSE (YaST2... it's so simple! gotta setup a network no ifconfig up
this route add that just point and click or use the ncurses
interface.. same for just about every service)... not even an
interactive package manager thats usable from the CLI. You might be
able to get by with openSuSE but remember the lifecycles are short,
like Fedora.