[asterisk-users] Best Linux distribution to use in Asterisk server

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Fri May 9 10:59:20 CDT 2008

this often becomes a religious discussion.
my free advice worth all you paid for it - Redhat or one of the other
distros that has been Certified on your choice of hardware and which has
a Support Contract on  it. Despite what others will tell you... Its a
lonely place when your box no-workie and you have no support contract.
if you buy Redhat on an HP box that is certified for it. It WILL work or
they WILL get it working.
sure maybe someone somewhere on some mailing list has the answer. But
you got 96 lines down  with a box
and customers screaming....... You want to hope, that maybe, someone
will respond an respond correctly to
your problem on a mailing list, or call a Customer Support Center
staffed 24x7 with engineers trained on your specific hardware and you
specific O/S ?