[asterisk-users] asterisk queue cluster

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri May 9 09:55:29 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/08, Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:
>> Matt Florell schrieb:
>>
>>  > I built VICIDIAL around AGIs, manager interface daemons and
>>  > agents in meetme rooms.
>>

>> Sounds a bit scary. Doing everything in MeetMe rooms just doesn't
>>  "feel right" IMO.
>>

>>  > the ability to cluster many Asterisk servers together greatly
>>  > overrides that problem in my opinion.
>>

>> Agreed.
>
> I was unsure about using app_meetme at first, but it has proven
> extremely reliable and allows for things that just can't be done in
> app_queue like multi-party calls, DTMF macros, blind monitoring
> without using chanspy, playing of pre-recorded audio prompts to all
> parties in the session, raising/lowering/muting audio volume on any
> channel in the session and a few other features.
>
> MATT---

I think app_bridge will eventually eliminate meetme.  Meetme seems
like such a hack.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

PS, a really cool app hosted at a telco is totally awesome (except the
price).  Check out www.ucn.com

They have APIs and can connect to virtually any database.  A call
center in the cloud, brilliant!