[asterisk-users] Asterisk ZRTP?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri May 9 09:30:28 CDT 2008

Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> 	What's the status of ZRTP supported by Asterisk? There was some
> discussion on the -dev list and -users list, but it was inconclusive. At
> about the same timeframe, a bug (#0010024) was opened and updated for
> several months, but has been "suspended" since late 2007.
>
> 	Does any version (1.4.x, 1.6.x) of Asterisk support ZRTP with clients
> (or with other servers)? Any successful testing with specific
> clients/peers to report? If not, are there any serious efforts underway?

As you said, there have been various discussions about it.  However, I have
never seen any code, or demonstrations showing that the code may exist.  So, it
is not supported in any version of Asterisk, and I have absolutely no idea when
and if it ever will be.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer