[asterisk-users] asterisk queue cluster

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri May 9 09:23:48 CDT 2008

In article <48245B89.9080601 at amooma.de>,
Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:
> Matt Florell schrieb:
>
> > The Asterisk Queues code is not really written to handle calls in this
> > way
>
> I'd say it is not at all written to handle clustered queues. :)
>
> > I built VICIDIAL around AGIs, manager interface daemons and
> > agents in meetme rooms.
>
> Sounds a bit scary. Doing everything in MeetMe rooms just doesn't
> "feel right" IMO.

It's actually quite a handy way of arbitrarily connecting and disconnecting
channels without dropping calls when one side hangs up.

I've been looking at VICIDIAL for the first time this week, and am at
last beginning to understand why it does things the way it does. :-)
It's a good source of ideas as well as something to use in its own right.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield