[asterisk-users] Manager API - Setvar not working

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri May 9 06:31:39 CDT 2008

In article <4809880c0805090402o77001c79ne7cacec0c7dacf89 at mail.gmail.com>,
Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:

> same is the case in 1.6, i cant set the variable still.

My guess would be that you have a problem with line endings.

All lines received from the manager interface are terminated with \r\n,
not just \n. If you only strip the \n off, the channel name you received
will contain \r at the end. If you then send that back in the setvar
command with a further \r\n to terminate the line, then Asterisk will
probably not find a matching channel.

Make sure you strip both \r and \n from incoming lines.

Cheers
Tony

> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 07:39:39PM +0500, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am using a simple perl script to connect with ast manager api. the
> > script
> > > tries to set a channel variable. It extracts the channel name from the
> > > events it recieves after dial command. When i try to set the channel
> > > variable, asterisk responses with an error saying that the channel does
> > not
> > > exist. Can anybody tell me why its doing so, coz i can see on cli that
> > the
> > > channel exists. If i try to set the variable without stating the channel
> > > then it sets the global variable, but i want to set the channel variable.
> > > Anybody has a solution to this problem?
> >
> > In 1.6 you can set a channel variable from a diferent context. I don't
> > think you can do that in 1.4 .
> >
> > --
> >               Tzafrir Cohen
> > icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>