[asterisk-users] Newbie IVR: How to read() before playback()is finished?

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed May 7 23:55:13 CDT 2008

> the relaxdmtf (or similar) option in zaptel can make this work a bit
> better...but it's a try at your own risk option!
>
> PaulH

Thanks Paul.

I have further findings into the problem.

While the message is being played, if I press a key during the "pause"
or "break" between words, then the key will be able to be read properly.

So, it seems like the traffic on the pots network is pretty much
half-duplex.
On the LAN however, it is full-duplex and that is why I don't have such
problem with reading key pressed.

Any thoughts?