[asterisk-users] Newbie alert: VoIP hardware

Steve Repo scmuser at gmail.com
Wed May 7 23:46:50 CDT 2008

> If your budget is tight and you want a decent card (not an X100P) with
> room to upgrade, then check out
> http://www.openvox.com.cn/products.php?genre_id=25 or
> http://store.getvoicecards.com/index.php?cPath=66 they are the
> reference design that Digium used on previous cards and are very well
> made.  You can even use their FXO/FXS modules in a real Digium card
> and visa versa.

Thank you all so much for the information. As much as I like to purchase
Digium hardware, I'm on a budget,  I like the OpenVox PCIe A400E22 (2
FXO/2FXS) card which has enough room for expansion.
http://www.openvox.com.cn/products_detail.php?genre_id=38&id=109

I wil be using a Intel C2D E7200 with Micro-ATX M/B in a showbox case. The
M/B has 1 PCIe 16x, 1 PCIe 1x and 2 PCI slots. The PCI slots will be used by
TV tuners for MythTV.

I could not find any US distributors for Openvox cards and I don't want to
pay international shipping.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve