[asterisk-users] Newbie alert: VoIP hardware

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed May 7 21:56:54 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 May 2008 09:40:21 Steve Totaro wrote:
>  > Interesting results in Google for TDM400P TigerJet reference design.
>  > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozill
>  >a:en-US:official&hs=h9P&pwst=1&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=Tiger
>  >jet+Reference+design+tdm400p&spell=1
>  >
>  > Other keywords turn up much more similar results that seem to confirm
>  > that the reference design from TigerJet was used.
>  >
>  > As with anything on the internet, take it with a grain of salt but it
>  > does have enough hits to raise questions.
>
>  No, it doesn't.  It simply is an oft-repeated falsehood.  GO to the TigerJet
>  page, LOOK at the reference designs.  They do not hide a single reference
>  design from the web, and NONE of them are the TDM400P design.
>
>  If it was a reference design, please show the world the reference design
>  from TigerJet.  There simply isn't one, and repeating it does not make it so.
>
>  --
>  Tilghman

I guess you have reading comprehension issues.  I said "take it with a
grain of salt" as well as "seems to confirm".  Both are very benign
and offer two sides of the story.  I think your personal feelings are
overpowering your ability to comprehend and reason.

Anyways, maybe the entire reference design is not there but just
connect the 2-3 reference designs and you're there.  Tigerjet provides
the reference design of using the PCI chipset + they provide the
reference design of the X100P (pretty much) and going from X100P to
PCI card with one FXS module is not that hard (just different Silabs
chip) and then multiplying it only needs a small CPLD chip.

Not much brain power to come up with that.

BTW, rumor has it that Mark Spencer did not have contracts for
employees with the exception of salary, back in the old days.  Maybe
you can ask him or check Martin's employee file.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro