[asterisk-users] Realtime status feature - user feedback needed

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:49:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Benoit Plessis <benoit at plessis.info> wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher a écrit :
>  > Your question leads to this question:  why don't you create a proxy
>  > application that listens on AMI and populates a database outside of Asterisk,
>  > then do all your queries to that database?  That would provide exactly the
>  > same functionality, but it would not require a single change to the Asterisk
>  > codebase.  You could even contribute that application back as something
>  > in the "contrib/scripts" subdirectory.
>  >
>  >
>  I second that,
>  If there is already a way to do things, why adding another one,
>  especialy if it's for caching reasons.
>  While we cannot say that asterisk fall into the KISS rule, it's not
>  a reason to let it grow.

  Agreed. There should be ONE to do it, it should be SIMPLE and
  as RELIABLE as possible, without interfereing (bad spelling?) with
  asterisk's operations: the proxy into AMI looks like the way to
  acheive the required funcionality... After all, that's exactly the
  purpose of AMI !

  Let's keep the codebase as small as possible, let's make asterisk
  as solid and reliable as possible. Let's not reinvent wheels!
--
 exvito