[asterisk-users] Realtime status feature - user feedback needed

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed May 7 18:02:25 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 17:27:33 Atis Lezdins wrote:
> So all together - I'm saying there could be really simple interface
> for all this - no troubles with locking of lists or keeping persistent
> connections. Why would user application need to take care of all this,
> if DB engine can do that.

Your question leads to this question:  why don't you create a proxy
application that listens on AMI and populates a database outside of Asterisk,
then do all your queries to that database?  That would provide exactly the
same functionality, but it would not require a single change to the Asterisk
codebase.  You could even contribute that application back as something
in the "contrib/scripts" subdirectory.

--
Tilghman