[asterisk-users] show CODEC in CDR

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Wed May 7 16:39:46 CDT 2008

Hi,

In asterisk is there a way of saving the voice codec used in the call in the CDR.
I am having mostly SIP calls, with few H323 calls.

I have been trying for the past 2 weeks to figure it out on my own, but with no luck.
There are no channel variables that can give the current codec used in the call, or used in the channel.
I need it because I must charge the clients according to the codec for the individual calls.

I even tried looking in the AGI commands for asterisk, and many external AGI packages, but with no luck.

Can this be done?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you and best regards,

Antoine Megalla.