[asterisk-users] update DB on ringing/ catch ringing event

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed May 7 16:19:52 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Philipp Kempgen
<philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:
> Benjamin Jacob schrieb:
>

>  > Anyway in Asterisk to update a DB/ do some action on
>  > events like ringing.
>  > The issue is I need to be able to hangup/cancel a
>  > call, if it's ringing(decided by the admin). This is
>  > independant of the timeout that we can specify in the
>  > Dial command.
>  >
>  > If I could somehow update a DB with the channel name
>  > on ringing, it would solve my problem.
>  >
>  > I assume NVlinedetect is one way to do it, but that
>  > isn't visible anymore, more so for Asterisk 1.4 and
>  > above.
>  >
>  > Any bright ideas on this one?
>
>  I think there is no other solution but to listen to events on
>  the Asterisk manager interface.

For now, not really.

You could try Realtime Channels patch I just mentioned here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-May/211136.html

This should give you up-to-date list of channels in database, so you can use

SELECT * FROM channels WHERE state="Ring";

to get currently ringing channels.

If You find this patch useful, please add a comment to issue
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12556
that you would like to see Realtime status implemented in future
versions of Asterisk.

Regards,
Atis

--