[asterisk-users] Out-Going Calleriid

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Wed May 7 15:43:12 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 07:46:59PM +0100, Tim Guy wrote:

> Installing a new box onto UK NTL (Virgin Media)
> During testing phase the callerid worked, now it doesn't.
> Can someone confirm that my syntax is right before I start ripping the
> configs to bits
> exten => _9.,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=01926xxxxxx)
> exten => _9.,2,Dial(ZAP/1/${EXTEN:1})
> Ive tried all permutations of the CALLERID (ie CALLERID(NAME) and
> CALLERID(NUMBER) but it just wont work anymore.
> Zapata has the following relevant settings
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes

I presume you're running a PRI or BRI line from Virgin? If you have an
analogue line it's unlikely you have the ability to set your CLID.

If you have an ISDN variant, then you should be able to set it, but
generally (depending on how the switch is set-up) only to numbers
associated with that line. It also depends on the number of digits that
the switch expects i.e. it may just be 1926xxxxxx, or it may well be
just the xxxxxx part.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo/Mac stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com