[asterisk-users] VOICEMAIL OPTIONS help needed

Steve Johnson stevej456 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 11:49:05 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

We have a particular user on our Asterisk 1.4.x system who always
listens to his voicemail messages via email.

- Is there some way to send the voicemail ONLY to email and not retain
them on the phone?

- Alternatively, can the voicemail system only keep, say, just the
last 10 messages (as backup in case of email delivery failure or a
message getting deleted in email accidentally before it is heard),
purging out the oldest when a new one is received?
(If we set the option maxmsg=10 on his mailbox in voicemail.conf, I
think it will stop accepting voicemails after 10 messages, not turf
the oldest one and accept a new one in its place).

Everyone else uses the normal voicemail options on their phones, so
the solution should be just for this single user.

Thanks for any suggestions.

S.