[asterisk-users] Cisco to Asterisk migration

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Wed May 7 11:39:25 CDT 2008

Basic process:

1) Build the A*k server so that it has tftp installed (or another box
that does)
2) Build up the SIPdefault.conf and get the firmware files in place (see
Cisco docs on this, plus theres loads on the wikis).
3) Test with a single phone, change its tftp server to the asterisk.
Check that :

a) The firmware switches to SIP
b) the phone registers to A*k and all is well. Calls can be made etc...

4) Once your happy with the A*k config and I mean ***really*** happy,
then add in all the configs for the other phones (I used scripts to
build mine).
5) Try a few more phones manually.  But eventually just update DHCP so
that the tftp server option points to the A*k server.

A.