[asterisk-users] Asterisk in Production ?

Benoit Plessis benoit at plessis.info
Wed May 7 06:00:07 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen a écrit :
> On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:42:17PM +0200, Benoit Plessis wrote:
>
>> Tzafrir Cohen a écrit :

>>> Is there any "-debug" package for asterisknow's asterisk package?
>>>
>>> On RedHat they are generated automatically. On Debian they require some
>>> extra settings, and has been present in recent Asterisk packages (the
>>> asterisk-dbg package) but not in all of the smaller modules packages.
>>>

>> Nope, already tried this before posting
>> but nothing like that appears on conary
>>

> I looked again at http://rbuilder.rpath.com/ and searched for the
> package "asterisk".
>
> It does seem to have a subpackage called "asterisk:debuginfo".

I'm not able to install it but i'll look further, conary is a tricky
software to say the least

>> anyway, i'll be migrating on a debian asap, since i now this
>> much better and the advantages of AsteriskNow keep reducing
>>

> Off topic:
> That is not to say you should not try Debian ASAP ;-)

Well i tried a debian/lenny with an mISDN patched for 2.6.24
but it lead to kernel panic / server reboot after 4/5 calls on the B410p.
No problem on the T220b but i need both cards ...

I think i'll have to reinstall an debian/etch and either try the
packaged asterisk 1.2
or manually build an 1.4 + zaptel + misdn.
Everything i was looking away from when i initially choosed asteriskNow