[asterisk-users] Running Asterisk as root

Cesar Benjamin Garcia Martinez cesar at codinet.com.mx
Tue May 6 12:27:39 CDT 2008

Really not.. if only you delete sh, yes, but i say make a symlink from
/bin/bash to /bin/sh

Ubuntu 7.04 and above, comes with the shell dash as sh, ubuntu 6.06 comes
with bash as sh, I got problems to start daemon, when sh points to dash..
safe_asterisk don's start...

I read 1.4.19 don't need anymore safe_asterisk, but, what about if I need
1.2.x ? or 1.4.18 ? I talk for example if I use unicall for E1 (MFCR2) when
I need that versions... someone do?

Oh!!! Now understand... I forget it... when I say about delete sh... i
forget say that is necessary, to create a symlink from /bin/bash to /bin/sh

I'm so sorry :$