[asterisk-users] Dialplan, Extensions, etc. Worksheet

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue May 6 08:52:16 CDT 2008

I still have not had time to dig and find what I have but there are
several "worksheets" ranging from sizing or initial customer
questionnaires.  This will give you an idea of what kind of hardware
you will need to purchase to put together a (hardware) quote.

Another "worksheet" goes over features, options, dialplan, telco, ISP,
network and some other  things.  This enables you to come up with a
"Scope of Work" and give you an idea of what to charge for labor to
add to your quote.  I highly recommend a detailed Scope of Work since
Asterisk can do "Anything" and that is often used as part of the sales
cycle.  You need to outline exactly what "features and functionality"
are included in the Scope of Work so you and your customer can tweak
it so they do not expect the world.  I find an hourly rate with a max
is the safest way to price labor.

The final "Worksheet" is a combination of "Best Practices", testing
and all of the items from your Scope of Work.  The scope of work and
the final worksheet checklist are to both be signed by you and your
customer.  I call this checklist the "Customer Acceptance" document
which basically says you have delivered and tested what was expected,
anything beyond that is "Extra".  Things like "Rubber Feet Attached"
can obviously be omitted unless you use rubber feet.

Anyways, that is the overview of what I have from several vendors.  I
am not sure where I have them archived but I will get the docs out
there somewhere for download soon.  Things like "Rubber Feet Attached"
can obviously be omitted unless you use rubber feet.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro