[asterisk-users] Asterisk Restarting due to segfault

Sanjay Rajdev sanjay.rajdev at featherstoneinformatics.com
Mon May 5 09:51:08 CDT 2008

I have Asterisk 1.4.15 installed on a Fedora Core 8 machine. Asterisk is re-starting intermediately i.e sometime it does not re-start the whole day, and sometime it just re-start after few calls.
There is no log of error in /var/log/asterisk/messages but if I see the /var/log/messages I can see lines similar to below for Asterisk Process almost the same time asterisk re-start

segfault at fff10098 eip 0809b0b5 esp b793e370 error 4
segfault at 00002dfc eip 0809b0c5 esp b781f370 error 4

In the dialplan we have used MixMonitor() to record the calls.

Can anyone help me on getting to the root of the problem or fixing it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sanjay Rajdev