[asterisk-users] Problem with transfer (and asterisk -r)

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Mon May 5 08:26:15 CDT 2008

Hi,

I used to have "##" configured in asterisk 1.2 for blindxfer.  Now, when I
press ## I hear it on the other end instead of initiating a transfer.  What
has change and how can I go back to the old behavior?  I kept the same
feature.conf file with these lines:
[featuremap]
blindxfer => ##                 ; Blind transfer

Also, for the first time ever, I have a problem connectiong to the remote
console.  It says this when I try:
Asterisk 1.4.19, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for
details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it
under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Asterisk is certainly running well (as far as I can tell) but that's a bit
of an issue for troubleshooting, as you can imagine. I do have an
asterisk.ctl:
srwxr-xr-x  1 root  root      0 Apr 17 23:28 asterisk.ctl

Regards,

Mick