[asterisk-users] Digium Card: Power Connector, from SATA to NORMAL

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri May 2 22:42:22 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Man that is an ugly hack, but I guess it may be required in some rare
> situation, I guess if the power supply of the server is already
> nearing it's rating.
>
> I would still go with a sata to molex connector and even a Y molex
> splitter if at all possible.

Actually I can see exactly where this may be useful.  I can think of at
least one customer off the top of my head who has insisted on having a
TDM2400 installed in a Dell server that we /know/ can't provide enough
power to the card where it's being used as a collection of FXS ports.
Of course we've advised them of the limitation, but they completely
ignored us.  :)

Something like this would have allowed us to provide a solution to a
problem that is likely to come back and bite us in the future.