[asterisk-users] AGI asterisk high balance

Matt Watson mwatson at becon.org
Sat May 3 19:32:23 CDT 2008

There is really no reason why you cannot.

Personally... I'd avoid using Java for AGI's that you think are going to receive heavy use... simply because the JVM adds a lot of overhead, and possibly a very real performance impact from having the load the JVM everytime.  Of course there is overhead as well if you do PHP instead, as the PHP interpreter has to load everytime... but that's probably pretty light-weight in comparison to the JVM.

Of course you could compile your Java code to native binaries to work around that problem, but I have no experience doing that.

Please keep in mind that I have not actually created or used any Java AGI's... really just my thoughts without any experience.

--
Matt