[asterisk-users] Attended transfers with original CID information - Polycom

BK kibeki at gmx.net
Sat May 3 02:54:53 CDT 2008

Hi,

we use Polycom SP IP 501 phones. We use the standard key/softkey
configuration to do attended transfers. The only thing we miss is the
CID info of the original caller after the call is transfered. This
behaviour is different from the blind/direct transfer. With blind
transfer method the original CID info is displayed.
We already opened a call (in 2006) with Polycom JIRA. This is what they
told us.
 > I have had some discussions with the Asterisk developers. This
feature > is not currently supported on the Asterisk platform. We do
support it  > with some of our other soft-switch partners. This feature
is being > > > considered for an Asterisk release towards the end of 2007.

We use Asterisk 1.2.28. The SIP firmware of the phone is 2.12.

What do you think about this? I know that we can reach the wanted with
the Asterisk "attended transfer", but the Polycom integrated is much
more comfortable.

Your comments on this are much appreciated.

Thanks, Bernd