[asterisk-users] One Way Audio After Dial

Norman Franke Norman at myASD.com
Fri May 2 13:22:15 CDT 2008

I've encountered an odd situation with Asterisk 1.4.19 that I can't
figure out.

If I dial an extension via a Cisco AS5400 with the "g" option to come
back, when I then Dial another extension after that, we don't get
audio from the caller. There are no firewalls, no routers, no
anything but a network switch between. The calls come in as SIP from
the Cisco and terminate on a SIP soft client.

I searched for something similar, but everything I found dealt with
NATing and the like, which I don't do. Static IPs to static IPs.

If I remove the first dial with the "g", then everything works just
fine. If I call a local SIP soft client, everything works fine
(instead something via the Cisco.)

If I set "canreinvite=no" for the Cisco everything works. It seems
like the "g" option should disable canreinvite for that call, so why
the difference?

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com