[asterisk-users] New generic sounds

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri May 2 11:53:01 CDT 2008

Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC schrieb:
>
>> Eric Wieling wrote:
>>
>>> The word "Dialing..." and "Calling..."
>>>
>>> As in "Dialing 911, please wait..."
>>>
>>> and as in "Calling 911, please wait..."
>>>

>> oooh boy wouldn't I be frustrated if I heard that instead of a ring when
>> I dialed 911?  what else is it gonna tell me?
>>

> "Thank you for calling 911. All of our representatives are currently
> busy. Your estimated hold time is 2 hours and 15 minutes. Thank you
> for your patience." ... MOH
>

> Regards,
>   Philipp Kempgen

LOL haha that's what I was thinking...  but Eric and Doug's comments are
very true.  I had 112 dialed on my cell the other day (I'm in the US,
though) and accidentally hit the dial button instead of the clear button
(they're very close).  The instant that happened, the phone said it was
dialing 'Emergency Number' so I hit the abort button immediately.  Like
no more than a second after I hit the dial button.  It aborted
immediately.  "911 Emergency -- we just received a hangup from this
number" came calling back within 15 seconds....  Yes, a slight pause
there would have helped me avoid that!  Thanks guys!

--

*Mojo Wentworth*
HORAN & COMPANY, LLC
mojo at horanappraisals.com