[asterisk-users] New generic sounds

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri May 2 10:30:15 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> We're about to do another batch of sounds, and I see by my word count that we
> have some extra time left over.  So, suggestions will be entertained for
> additional prompts in English, Spanish, or French.  The only rules are: 1) the
> prompts have to be generic to Asterisk.  No "Welcome to so-and-so's business"
> unless the business is fake and the prompt is funny.  2) The prompt may not be
> profane.  Our professional speakers do have a sense of humor, but there are
> some things they just will not say.
>
> I'll open it to the floor now, with the caveat that since Digium is paying for
> the recording session, it maintains final editorial approval over which sounds
> are selected.

For those providers that want to show they are a SERIOUS phone company.....

"We don't care. We don't have to. (snort) We're the Phone Company!"

"No, no, no, you're dealing with the telephone company."
"We are not subject to city, state, or federal legislation."
"We are omnipotent."

Sorry?... What was that Ernestine?

Oh, it seems they've already been done!

regards,