[asterisk-users] New generic sounds

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri May 2 08:04:27 CDT 2008

SIP wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>> We're about to do another batch of sounds, and I see by my word count that we
>> have some extra time left over.  So, suggestions will be entertained for
>> additional prompts in English, Spanish, or French.  The only rules are: 1) the
>> prompts have to be generic to Asterisk.  No "Welcome to so-and-so's business"
>> unless the business is fake and the prompt is funny.  2) The prompt may not be
>> profane.  Our professional speakers do have a sense of humor, but there are
>> some things they just will not say.
>>
>> I'll open it to the floor now, with the caveat that since Digium is paying for
>> the recording session, it maintains final editorial approval over which sounds
>> are selected.
>>

> How about some prepaid balance-related ones that aren't
> calling-card-specific. Things like:
>
> "Your balance is too low to connect this call."
> "Please add additional funds to your account."
> "Your account balance is..."
>
> and one for the permissions set:
>
> "...from the account..."
>
> (to go along with the "Calls to the number you have dialed are not
> permitted....")

Also, I'm not sure if there any as of yet, but maybe some kind of credit card
processing statement?  "Please hold while we process your transaction...", "Your
transaction has been approved.".

I'll be writing an AGI executable in the next few months to interop with
PCCharge and Mercury Payments so it would be nice to see some credit card
snippets added too.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee