[asterisk-users] e164 Format Numbers

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu May 1 21:17:37 CDT 2008

Unless you meant to match the literal "+X.", I think you meant to say:

exten => _+X.,1,Answer

(notice the leading underscore -- which indicates this is a pattern match)

Paul Hales wrote:
> I did some dialplan work with numbers starting with + (outlook) and from
> memory things like
>
> exten => +X.,1,Answer
>
> Seemed to work fine...
>
> PaulH
> Melb, Australia
>
> On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 10:25 +1000, Rod Bacon wrote:
>> This is probably a very simple question, but I can’t for the life of
>> me work it out. I’m trying to use Asterisk as a PTSN gateway to OCS
>> (and believe I have all the SIP issues sorted), but OCS wants to dial
>> in e164 format (+613blahblah). Because Asterisk sees the “+” in the
>> SIP URI, it doesn’t want to match anything in my dial plan, not even
>> the S extension in the nominated context.
>>

>> Am I missing something completely obvious?

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.