[asterisk-users] Sending caller name out PRI?

Peter A Eisch peter at boku.net
Thu May 1 16:17:29 CDT 2008

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Jared Smith wrote:

> You could set "pri debug span 1" in the Asterisk CLI (assuming that this
> is the first PRI span) and see if the name is actually being transmitted
> to the PBX.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, with 'pri intense debug span 1' I do see the name in the setup
message.  With it is the ANI as well as the DID in that specific.

Is there a way to delay (or resend) the name much like the carrier does?
This would then be closer to what the carrier does (as in how I need to
have a Wait(1) before using ${CALLERID(name)}).  This assumes that it's a
timing issue I guess.

peter