[asterisk-users] Digium PRI card hi-Z for sniffing?

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Thu May 1 15:30:42 CDT 2008

On May 1, 2008 11:39:52 am Tony Mountifield wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Digium PRI cards can be configured or modified
> to have a high-impedance input on the RX pair? I would be interested in
> this in order to build a bi-directional PRI audio sniffer using two
> E1/T1 ports per trunk to be monitored.

I looked in to this exact thing several years ago, and while I do believe that
the hardware is capable of it (I don't have a card in front of me, but I
believe the T1 termination is done inside the QuadFALC), the driver does not
have this capability.

I don't think it would be impossible to add, but it would take some work, and
please keep in mind that this was a number of years ago that I did look at
this on the TE405P, so my memory may be a little hazy.

-A.