[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset S685IP Review

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu May 1 02:04:29 CDT 2008

Olivier wrote:
> Do we agree on the fact you can't change a S68 handset display name (S68
> should be the model name of the handset included in a S685IP package)
> from a computer ?
>
> If my memory serves me right, you can change S685IP base station
> settings but not handset settings (display name, subscription to an
> other base station, ...), isn't it ?

You can certainly give each handset a more sensible name if that's what
you mean... From the web interface to the base station you can do this
easily. My three handsets are now called "Alan's", "Helen's" and "Kitchen".

You can, according to the manual subscribe each handset to up to 4
different base stations. The actual process of registering the handset
requires manually pressing the Page button on the relevant base station,
whilst the handset is in "register me" mode...

Hope this helps.

Al

--
The way out is open!