[asterisk-users] Need some input for Quad T1 and channel banks.

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Mar 31 19:44:52 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Al lists <asteriskal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to install a system with 80 FXS analog phones.
> At this time the only cost effective solution is using a 4 port T1 card and
> addit 600 channel bank.
> Has anyone tried this solution? any good documents beside
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+hardware+channel+bank+check
>  as far as i know, addit 600 T1 interface is not PRI (please correct me if
> i'm wrong) its CAS robbed bit, will that work with new Digium quad T1 like
> TE410P ?( I prefer to use Digium if possible)
> The system is connected to the Telco through SIP trunk so all we have in
> terms of analog is local loop, Do we need to have echo cancel in this
> scenario ?
>  Thanks!

I am not sure of your budget but I would go with a SIP to FXS gateway
such as the Quintum Tenor AX.  If you consider the amount you would be
paying for the T1 card and the Adits, it may not be that big of a
difference and certainly more simple.

Disclaimer, I have not done a price comparison or done the channel
bank solution on that scale (only 24 ports for me) but the SIP-FXS is
so much better in my opinion.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro