[asterisk-users] Need some input for Quad T1 and channel banks.

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Mar 31 19:20:24 CDT 2008

Doug Lytle wrote on Monday, March 31, 2008 5:40 PM
> Al lists wrote:
>> I'm looking to install a system with 80 FXS analog phones.
>
> Each channel bank can handle 48 analog channels, 2 PRIs per box.
>
>> as far as i know, addit 600 T1 interface is not PRI (please
>> correct me
>> if i'm wrong) its CAS robbed bit, will that work with new
>> Digium quad
>> T1 like TE410P ?( I prefer to use Digium if possible)
>
> This is incorrect.  I've got ours setup at a PRI.  esf, b8zs.

This does not sound right. If it is 2 PRIs then it should be 46 channels
(or 47 channels if sharing a D channel). A quick google search indicates
that these channel banks can deal with PRI in a drop and insert mode
only, not for termination. (I use Adtran channel banks which are not PRI
so I may be confused here).

Don Pobanz