[asterisk-users] PRI cards, Digium vs. Sangoma

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Mar 31 13:58:00 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:54:14AM -0600, Octavio Ruiz wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 9:49 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> >  I have, on many occasions, had kernel
> >  panics when trying to shut down wanrouter.  I don't have this 'fear'
> >  with Digium cards.
>
> I never have had those issues if you don't execute zaptel init.d
> script, because it tries to  unmod all zaptel dependant modules
> including wanrouter which need to be unmoded with wanrouter script. (A
> matter of order in the unload process).  Perhaps this tip helps you
> avoiding that fear. This makes an auto-reboot after a kernel panic
> occurs.

Removing all the modules on shutdown is not really needed.

Many people seem to prefer it for some strange reason.

In addition, what you describe here means a specific init.d script's
"stop" action needs to run after that of another. There are a number of
ways to order that. In most distributions it is done by explicit
ordering. In some it is done by dependencies.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com