[asterisk-users] PRI cards, Digium vs. Sangoma

Octavio Ruiz octavio at neocenter.com
Mon Mar 31 12:54:14 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 9:49 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
>  I have, on many occasions, had kernel
>  panics when trying to shut down wanrouter.  I don't have this 'fear'
>  with Digium cards.

I never have had those issues if you don't execute zaptel init.d
script, because it tries to  unmod all zaptel dependant modules
including wanrouter which need to be unmoded with wanrouter script. (A
matter of order in the unload process).  Perhaps this tip helps you
avoiding that fear. This makes an auto-reboot after a kernel panic
occurs.

/etc/sysctl.conf:
kernel.panic = 1

OR

echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic

OR

pass panic=1 as a kernel parameter in your grub.conf/lilo.conf

--
Octavio H. Ruiz Cervera