[asterisk-users] UK FXO hangup detection with a twist

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:02:20 CDT 2008

On 31/03/2008, David Boyd <dboyd at ignitetrx.com> wrote:

> You should ask for ground start signaling. This will resolve your
>  issues.

Could you point me at some reference material for how this differs
from KS, and what compatibility issues this might cause with other
equipment? Has anyone tried this in the UK? Would BT even understand
the request for ground-start signalling?

I wonder if it is even possible with telco's other than BT in the
UK... I can just imagine calling Virgin Media and asking for the line
to be set to ground-start signalling... :)

Any feedback welcomed.
Steve