[asterisk-users] Advice on queue setup needed please.

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Sun Mar 30 20:36:17 CDT 2008

Hello,

I have two sites. Both the sites will require queues for their own reason,
own campaigns, etc. Like site1 would handle product1, product2, product3,
while site2 can do product4, but can also do customer support for product1
and if anything, can transfer to site1's product1 queue (usually via SIP)

Also, a few of these queues will require AgentLogin() type logging in, and
some might not (and they can use regular either AQM or just be statically
logged in cases where they might need to be logged into two queues)

Currently I have sip peers setup in sip.conf where 1xx is for site1 and 2xx
is for site2. I've made queues like product1, product2 and for example peer
121 has context=product1 in sip.conf. I also have [product1] in
extensions.conf. If a call comes in via DID, I do a Goto(product1,100,1)
where the call is sent from [incoming] to [product1] where it enters a
queue(product1), and if 121 needs to transfer to say, exten => 7,1,Dial.
which is in [product1], it transfers.

That's the type of scenario that's real nice. But I have a few
complications.

I currently somehow have these queues setup, but I need to make myself clear
on a few things. And maybe even need suggestions/advice.

All the sip peers use eyebeam. When a new queue needs to be added, how can I
simply re-assign the agents to new queues without having to make any changes
on the eyebeams and only on the asterisk server? In this way, I just tell a
team leader, "Ok, agents 215 to 230 are configured to handle product4 queue.
So they log in and when it prompts for username, punch in any of the ones
between 215 and 230." This way all peers 215 and 230 do all product4 related
stuff and not depend on what the device is configured. For example, if the
device is configured as 245 and the agent logs in as 215, it should only
take up all sip settings of 215 and do whats required rather than saying
stuff like "this extension is not in context test" which 245 is set under.

I'm not sure if anyone is following me because this completely clouded for
me as well. But if someone is, can they please recommend a way for me to
keep this mess organized?

Thanks